Virender Sehwag Net Worth, Biography, Wife, Career, Income, & Endorsements
As an aggressive right-handed opener, Viru bowled right-arm off-spin occasionally. In the history of cricket, he is often regarded as one of the most dangerous batters. He made his Indian Test debut in 2001 after playing his first One-Day International in 1999.
Aside from being a rich and highly-paid cricket player, he is also a wealthy and highly-paid athlete. Cricket is just one aspect of Virender Sehwag’s net worth. He also invests in different kinds of businesses. He is estimated to earn over $18 million in annual income and receive a salary exceeding $1.5 million monthly.
Sehwag gained significant wealth from endorsement agreements with numerous companies, including Boost, Samsung, Unacademy, Mobiles, Adidas, Reebok, and Hero Honda. He is estimated to have earned at least $4 million from these brands.
Sehwag also generates a significant amount of revenue from social media. In particular, he has maintained an active presence on Twitter. He reportedly makes three million dollars through his tweets every year.
Despite his exceptional record as a skipper/team leader and record series of victories, Sehwag also has a wide range of skills and interests related to his hobbies.
In Haryana, Virender Sehwag runs the Sehwag International School, one of his educational organizations. Sehwag launched his new business by opening his new school, producing many athletes and competitors across the region, state, and country.
Virender Sehwag’s educational institution, Sehwag International School, is in Haryana. Sehwag’s school developed athletes from state and national competitions, which he founded at the beginning of his professional career.
Known as the Nawab of Najafgarh to his fans, he is an avid car enthusiast and owns a limited edition BMW 5 Series and Bentley Continental Flying Spur. A large residence for himself and his family was purchased in Delhi’s Hauz Khas neighborhood, one of the most expensive.
|Net Worth (2023)||$20 million|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||300 crore INR|
|Monthly Income And Salary||$2 million|
|Yearly Income||$20 million|
|Income Source||Cricket, Advertisement|
Virender Sehwag is regarded as one of the greatest athletes in sports history. In the Indian Premier League, he is a perfect fit due to his high-octane playing style. His six-year tenure with the Delhi squad made him essential to the team’s strategy. In some cases, he is called the “Nawab of Najafgarh.”
During those years, he was a member of the Delhi team. It cost the Delhi Daredevils 3,300,000,000 rupees to acquire him as an icon player in 2008. In response, the Delhi Daredevils spent an astounding 8.2 crores on retaining him before the 2011 auction.
He played there for three more seasons and led the team to the playoffs in 2012. Delhi Franchise decided to release him before the 2014 super auctions, and Kings XI Punjab bought him for 3.2 crores.
Virender Sehwag Net Worth
Virender Sehwag had an estimated net worth of $43 million, equivalent to Rs.286 crores Indian rupees.
Numerous brands, including Adidas, Boost, Samsung Mobiles, Reebok, and Hero Honda, have sought Sehwag’s sponsorship.
His one-year contract costs around $350,000. He signed a contract to work for Karbonn Mobile in 2010, immediately impacting the company’s revenue. Viru’s endorsements are estimated to bring in approximately $4.1 million per year.
Current brand sponsorships include:
- VS by Sehwag
- My Team 11
- Asian Shoes
- JK Cement
- Zandu Balm
Sehwag earns substantial income from microblogging on his YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter accounts. According to a recent interview, Sehwag’s tweets on social media platforms generate approximately $3 million a year. In addition, he sells his line of leather balls, bats, caps, bags, underwear, and t-shirts on Amazon.com under his brand name.
Virender Sehwag Wife
Sehwag and Aarti Ahlawat have been married since 2004. Their two children are named Aryavir and Vedant.
Interesting Facts About Virender Sehwag
- Sehwag was born on October 20, 1978, in Najafgarh, in Delhi, the Indian capital. Mrs. Krishnan Sehwag is a homemaker, while her son is a grain merchant.
- Regarding athletes, Sachin Tendulkar is the one he enjoys watching the most. As the oldest of his three siblings, he is the most mature. He is married to Mrs. Aarti Ahlawat, and they have two children.
- The fastest triple-century in a test match belongs to him.
- Over 7,500 runs have been scored in both test and one-day international cricket by no other batsman in history.
- As a result of his 219, he now holds the record for the third most individual ODI score in history.
- When it comes to cricket players who have scored at least 2,000 test runs, he has the highest strike rate.
- His residence is in Hauz Khas, one of Delhi’s most affluent neighborhoods. Beautifully landscaped gardens, parking for at least four vehicles, and enclosures for four stray dogs make this an excellent property. Bathrooms and kitchens are included in each of the approximately twelve spacious apartments.
- Virender Sehwag set numerous records during his ten years as part of the Indian national cricket team.
- His devastating batting enabled him to produce notable scores for India and every team he played for, whether in the Ranji Trophy or IPL. During the team’s victory, he played a significant role.
- His aura and the respect he has earned in India and throughout the cricketing world have kept him the brand’s top pick even after his retirement. His remuneration for brand endorsements is reportedly three crores.
Virender Sehwag Biography & Career
At his debut in 1999, he could not solidify his position because of his risky batting style. He became one of the team’s captains after Sourav Ganguly helped him become a vital member of the Indian squad around the middle of 2001.
In 2008, Virender Sehwag started his professional career. Since then, he has accumulated a fortune worth millions of dollars.
Read More: Steve Smith Net Worth
Sehwag is known to be a severe and reserved person in their personal life. Nothing has stopped him from doing things that he has wanted to do. As a rival, he has always worked hard to better himself.
A private educational institution established by Virender Sehwag in Haryana is known as Sehwag International School. In his early professional career, Sehwag founded his school, which now develops athletes at the state and national levels.
Besides owning a limited edition BMW 5 Series, the Nawab of Najafgarh also owns a Bentley Continental Flying Spur. Hauz Khas neighborhood in Delhi, considered among the most costly in the city, is where he just bought a large home for himself and his family.